Enhance Your Smile with Dental Bonding
Minor aesthetic imperfections – such as chips, cracks, discoloration, and more – can make an otherwise beautiful smile appear unhealthy. Fortunately, treatments in cosmetic dentistry can address these issues and enhance your smile. Dental bonding involves the application of composite resin to alter the shape and size of a tooth. The result is an instantly improved smile and a boost in confidence. Dr. Byron W. Wall has been providing quality dental care to residents of Albuquerque, NM, for over 35 years. No matter what your dental needs, the team at Cosmetic Dentistry of New Mexico can help.
About Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is one of the most common and affordable cosmetic treatments available. Tooth-colored composite resin, which is often used to fill small cavities, can also be used to change the appearance of a tooth. The application of this material effectively masks aesthetic flaws and creates a beautifully balanced outcome.
The artful application of tooth-colored resin can make a chipped tooth look complete and healthy again.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding offers a number of advantages compared to alternative treatment options. This procedure is:
- Minimally invasive: Other treatments, such as porcelain veneers or dental crowns, require alteration of the natural tooth structure. For example, to make room for these custom restorations, your dentist must remove a small amount of tooth enamel. With dental bonding, virtually no alteration is required. In fact, bonding can even be reversed if necessary. On the other hand, it is important to understand that veneers and crowns can provide a longer-lasting upgrade that looks indistinguishable from natural teeth. We will help you decide which option is best for your goals and needs.
- Cost-effective: Dental bonding is one of the most affordable cosmetic treatments available. For this reason, many patients choose this option over porcelain veneers or other procedures.
- Fast: Because minimal preparation is required, dental bonding can be performed in a single office visit. In fact, the entire process can typically be completed in about one hour.
Dental bonding is one of the most common and affordable cosmetic treatments available.
Dental Bonding Treatment Timeline
The dental bonding procedure is customized to the needs of the individual. During your appointment, Dr. Wall will assess the affected areas and choose a composite resin shade that will most closely match your teeth. Some patients elect to receive whitening before bonding so the material can be matched to a lighter shade of dental tissue. After he has listened closely to your personal concerns and aesthetic goals, he will begin the dental bonding treatment:
- Prepping the tooth: To prepare the tooth for bonding, Dr. Wall will apply dental etch. This mildly acidic solution will roughen the surface of the tooth and help the composite attach to the tooth.
- Applying the composite resin: Once the tooth is prepped, the composite resin is applied. Dr. Wall will carefully mold and shape the material to achieve the desired size and shape.
- Curing the material: After the composite resin has been applied, it will be hardened with a special curing light.
- Final adjustments: Lastly, Dr. Wall will trim, smooth, and shape the material and polish your tooth to achieve a natural-looking shine. He will also ensure that the material does not interfere with your bite.
Why Choose Us?
If you are interested in enhancing the appearance of your smile, our team can help. Our entire staff is committed to continuing education and attends the Las Vegas Institute at least once every year. This helps us stay up to date on the latest methods and technologies and allows us to provide our patients with optimal, effective care.
Contact Cosmetic Dentistry of New Mexico
To learn more about dental bonding or any of the other cosmetic procedures we offer, schedule a consultation with Dr. Wall. Call us at (505) 883-4488 or contact us online anytime.